Who is Chef Adu Amran?
- London-based Malaysian culinary expert, author, MasterChef Malaysia judge & an entrepreneur from Johor
- A knowledgeable chef with a flair for creative Malay-Asian cuisine, a unique palate for unlikely combinations, and a fine eye for detail
- An experienced culinary tutor with a passion in teaching teenage and adult students – both in a college and a restaurant kitchen setting (http://youtu.be/Ysqt-uqFvZw)
- An artist and a perfectionist
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of Asian cuisines
- Passionate about food and presentation
- Professional regarding food hygiene/safety (Intermediate Certificate in UK)
- Experienced, having run his own restaurants in Malaysia and London for some 15 years
- Articulate and fully bi-lingual in English and Malay
- Natural flair for public performance – both Live and on TV
- Master Class (cooking demonstration for the contestants) in English, broadcast on Star World Channel broadcast throughout Asia Pacific
- Master Class in Malay language for MCM broadcast on Malaysia’s Astro Ria channel (http://youtu.be/9RxW6bVzeSw)
- Guest judge for the final six contestants in Melaka – alongside permanent MasterChef Malaysia’s judging team (http://youtu.be/rnUhe2RGfuM)
- Guest judge for the Grand Finale. Appeared alongside all the guest celebrities and chefs involved in the whole MasterChef Malaysia 1 series
- Permanent judge & mentor for the whole season
3. MasterChef Malaysia (Season 2) – filmed August 2012 by Astro:
- Permanent judge & mentor for the whole season (http://youtu.be/KNIjSlLpzOs)
4. MasterChef Selebriti Malaysia (Season 2) – filmed February 2013 by Astro:
- Permanent judge & mentor for the whole season (http://youtu.be/SwemYKxloKo)
5. Nasi Lemak Kopi O (TV9 Live Talk Show) – aired 24 February 2013
- Guest chef for the segment ‘Sesuka Hati Chef’ (30 minutes slot)
6. GalaTV (ASTRO Awani News Segment) – aired 21 April 2013
- Media coverage on latest book launch
7. MeleTOP (ASTRO RIA Live Entertainment Talk Show) – aired 30 April 2013
- Guest appearance together with Chef Zubir & Chef Joe
8. FUTURE TV APPEARANCES:
- MasterChef Raya 2013 (hosted by Najib Ali) – to be aired by ASTRO
- Rona-Rona Raya – to be aired by ASTRO
- Guest chef for ‘Rasa-Rasa’ cooking program – to be aired by RTM2
- Guest personality for ‘Primadona’ talk-show (Hari Raya Edition) to be aired by ASTRO
9. Cook Book/Writing
- Currently working on second full Malay cookbook to be published April 2014
- First Malay cookbook (full version) titled Ikan Di Laut, Asam Di Darat (ISBN 978-983-097-425-5) published nationwide April 2013
- Guest writer in Gaya Travel magazine under ‘Travels With Chef Adu’ column for 6 publications commencing May 2013.
- Guest writer in Anis magazine under ‘Pesan Chef’ column commencing July 2013.
- Written a mini cookbook titled Nasi & Seni; Luahan Kreativiti, Resipi & Tip Masakan (ISBN 978-967-11557-0-7, published November 2012)
- Contributed a recipe for The BBC Children In Need Recipe Book 2005; This Is My Favourite…100 Of The UK’s Best Chefs Share Their Favourite Recipes along with Chef Gordon Ramsay, Gary Rhodes and Heston Blumenthal et al. (published 2005).
10. Cooking Classes/Demonstration:
- ‘Masterclass with Chef Adu’: First Masterclass held in Malaysia for his fans was held at Kota Damansara, Selangor, 30 June 2013
- Factory Outlet Carnival (FOC) public cooking demonstration organized by MATRADE in Kuala Lumpur, 28 June 2013.
- ‘Program Santai Sawit’ public cooking demonstration using palm oil organized by Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB) in Johor Bahru & Kluang, Johor, March 2013
- ‘Book Chat’ cooking demo organized by CyberSecurity Malaysia, Sri Kembangan, February 2013.
- ‘KidsOn2 Jom Santai’ carnival public cooking demonstration at KL Tower, Kuala Lumpur, December 2012.
- Malaysian and ‘Champor-Champor’ public cooking demonstration at International Food Exhibition, Excel, London, 2011
- ‘Cooking with Leaves’ public demonstration at Master Chef Live, Olympia, London, 2010 (http://youtu.be/TenyT5Ey_ew)
- ‘Malaysian Food’ public cooking demonstration at Selfridges Food Hall, Oxford Street, London, 2010
- Chef Adu also demonstrated Malay cooking in the ‘Fab Pads’ TV series, broadcast on the UK’s Style TV, 2002
- A tutor at Asian and Oriental cooking school in London, 2001-2002
- Aduh! By Adu is the latest fashion line by Chef Adu Amran which includes exclusive Traditional Men’s Wear & Women’s Hijab Collection designed by chef himself, using high quality imported materials from all over the world.
- Chef Adu’s Kitchen will be the next project by Chef Adu in featuring his own Kitchen Ware collection.
- Chef Adu has been recognized as the official ‘icon’ representing the culinary school for a local university, which will be announced soon.
- Champor-Champor, London Bridge top ratings in Zagat and Harden Restaurant Guides
- AA rosette-rated for nine years
- Recommended by Square Meal in the ‘Best Oriental’ selection
- Listed in the UK Good Food Guide, the UK Michelin Guide and Zagat as Best Restaurants of the World
- Winner of Restaurant Magazine’s Best Dishes Awards 2007 (Best Curry’ division)
- Restaurant Remy’ award winner for excellence by Remy Martin in association with Harden’s Guide to UK Restaurants and was shortlisted for the Time Out Eating & Drinking Awards in the ‘Best for Vegetarian’ category, 2003
- The restaurant was frequently visited by celebrities, including actor Daniel Radcliffe (best known as Harry Potter), TV presenter and fashionista Gok Wan, Malaysian author Tash Aw, singer Marc Almond, TV ‘domestic goddess’ Nigella Lawson, fashion designer Zandra Rhodes, artist/sculptor Andrew Logan, TV presenter and naturalist Sir David Attenborough, and former Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone
Professional & Work Experience
- Champor-Champor Restaurant, London Bridge, London SE1 3QJ
September 2011, ongoing: Consultant Chef
October 2000 – August 2011: Executive chef and Director
- Asian and Oriental School of Cookery, Hackney College, London
2001-2002: Part-time teacher / demo chef
- The Birdcage, Whitfield Street, London
1998 – 2000: Pastry chef
- Champor-Champor Restaurant, Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Malaysia
1994 – 1997: Founder and Executive chef/patron
- Stamford College, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1993-1994 Culinaire and Kitchen Management
- Malaysian Academy of Arts, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1992-1993 Certificate course in Graphic Design
Hobbies & Interests
- Travel, food, fashion, music, art-house films, arts, culture and walking
Adu Amran Management & Services is a registered company responsible in looking after all profesional affairs of Chef Adu Amran’s career. If you would like to seriously get hold of Chef Adu Amran for any media or corporate appointments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of our key personnels below:
Razak Amin +6012 267 2102
Norlela Ibrahim +6019 208 1474
Nori Anwar +6016 642 5564
Social Media Links: